Children's Therapy in Kitchener-Waterloo
At Transformation Counselling, we strive to offer you what over 50 years of combined experience has taught us. Our creative strategies are based on the feedback provided by hundreds of parents just like you. Whether you seek counselling support for your child, practical parenting strategies, or just want a better bond with your son or daughter, the child and parenting therapists at Transformation Counselling will work with you.
Who: Children ages 5 to 18 years, or their parents
Struggling with: Anxiety, depression, social skills, identity, making friends, complex developmental trauma, Reactive Attachment Disorder, separation anxiety, recurring nightmares
How Children's Counselling Works
Goals of Treatment:
1. Help children to process and resolve experiences that have negatively affected their mental
2. Tailor treatment modalities to best support each child’s healing journey. Evidence-based treatment modalities, proven to work best with children are: play therapy, sandtray, visualization, narrative therapy, CBT, DBT, art & sound therapy, and body movement work such as Brain gym and yoga.
3. Help children and parents recognize the strengths that they possess. Connecting for counselling is your first strength! Recognizing and using your strengths is an essential ingredient in achieving treatment goals.
4. Identify problems and mental health challenges in order to develop a treatment plan and start making healthy changes—at Transformation Counselling, we take this step very seriously. Each child receives a comprehensive bio-psychosocial assessment.
5. Identify relationship dynamics, which play a big role in the mental health of everyone. In children’s counselling, family participation is encouraged. Once important areas of work are identified, a client-centred treatment plan can be created with you and your child.
6. When desired, provide parent-only sessions to help build communication and prioritization skills to feel better prepared for important meetings with: divorced partners and family, school, medical practitioners, clubs and summer camps.
For parenting support, please check out our page on parent counselling and coaching!